February 12, 2012

On a mission...

I'm on a mission as a pastry chef. To make each recipe I make slightly better than it was before. Or different, at least.

It's not always successful. At least, not in my eyes. Jeff might say it's good and he likes it, but to me, it's not up to par. It isn't BAD, per se. It just isn't what I had hoped it to be. Maybe it needs more lemon. Less sugar. More oomph. Less busyness. More purity. Less junk. Maybe it's a crap recipe and needs to be thrown out or completely overhauled. Maybe it's a perfect recipe, but I just can't leave it alone. I have to create something new and different.

I find myself constantly tinkering with recipes. Even (gasp!) recipes I've never made before. A travesty, I know. But that's the great thing about cooking and baking. There's always room for creativity and experimentation.

So that's what you can expect from this blog. Some adaptations of other peoples' recipes and maybe a couple of my own original recipes. Is there something you want to see specifically? Maybe one day you'll see it pop up here!

Go ahead...add a little bourbon to that sauce and some browned butter to those muffins. You might be surprised how good it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment